Wednesday, December 28, 2022

The Highest State

 The,  highest state is to be comfortable learning and growing from life's experiences. ....That is what acceptance is: nonresistance. It is having the commitment to fully allow reality to pass directly into the higher part of your being. In the end, all you are surrendering is your resistance to reality. You learn to let it come in, even if it is not comfortable as it pours into you. 

Michael A. Singer, living untethered, page 64-65 (New Harbinger/ Sounds True, 2022)

I am sitting here alone in the dark with nothing but the early  light from the windows around me shining in. It is so beautiful out there. The light is filtering through bare branches offering a warm golden hue to a frozen world.  I opened up the door for my pets earlier  to breathe in a crisp refreshing air that felt clean and alive to my recovering lungs. And there was not a sound other than the crunching of snow as my dogs ran across it. Sigh! Winter mornings can be so beautiful, so peaceful. 

I awoke early from what seemed like endless sleep. Man, have I been sleeping with this bug. Falling asleep everywhere. It is such a nice healing sleep for body and mind. Will be doing a practice in a few hours for a friend who is home to visit. I am looking  forward to it and hope my body is too after all that sleep. :) 

Let's look at the quote above. These are some mighty potent words and concepts to describe what freedom entails at the experiential level: acceptance through nonresistance. How many of us are comfortable with all that unfolds in front of us, comfortable enough to allow it all in without clinging or aversion...so it can pass right through us? How many of us welcome all the challenges, so called "hardships", losses and set backs that pass before us into our hearts just as quickly as we welcome the so called "good times", and "blessings", and pleasant experiences? I know I still struggle to do that even though it is something I am committed to mastering. 

I am going to share my sankalpa with you. A sankalpa, you may remember from previous entries, is a statement or mantra...a wish written/spoken in present tense that we wish to achieve or adhere to. It is often spoken like a mantra during certain meditation or yogic practices like Yoga Nidra, for example. 

My heart is opening; my heart is releasing.  My heart is healing; my heart is expanding. 

I want to keep my heart opened to all experiences, "The good, the bad and the ugly!" I don't want to close it for anything. I want my heart to release all stored samskaras, impressions, emotional energies that are blocking me so the Shakti can move.  I want to heal what seemed to be broken on the physical level but was never broken on the deeper level through this release of blocked energies. And most importantly, I want my heart to expand  and grow in love, and joy and service  so other beings on this planet benefit from it and from this life I erroneously call my own. I want this highest state Michael Singer writes about in his books.

What about you?

In order for that to happen, we need to stop resisting what is unfolding in front of us, stop labelling it as "bad, wrong, shouldn't be!" when it is uncomfortable. We need to learn to,  or at least be willing to, open our hearts so it all can come in! It will blow right through like a breeze of refreshing winter air if we let it! We have to let it!

All is well in my world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment