Saturday, December 10, 2022

Extending and Expanding In Service

 

Keep up the good work! You will be rewarded.

From a Fortune Cookie I ate last evening!

My habit in the morning now is to reach for living untethered and to open it up to find a quote to write to.  I am really absorbing the book and by so doing it is oozing out of every pour of me like life giving nectar. I try to relate it to my own life and to the lives of others I know.  Yet, I question, with my attention on this book and my new adventure, if I am  opening to other avenues of learning...maybe.  I wonder if I am extending and expanding enough in my own learning, growing and in the service I am here to provide.

I mentioned that I was reading The Tibetan Book of the Dead. I got to a certain part of the book, basically the "prayers" for the dying and dead as they pass through the different levels, and my mind just stopped and said, "No! Too much!" Not because of any fear of death I may still be clinging to but because of the religious and cultural specifics in the rituals.  Not judging...but simply stating that my mind won't go there. Hmm! So I put the book aside for now. 

I also realize that I have not written in a long time, other than here.  I was teaching poetry in an English Lit class recently and I found myself missing that means of expression.  I do miss writing poetry. It is who "I" am. Yet there has been no time to just sit and let it come out of me. I have not gone back to my novel after the last rejection either...have not proceeded with other ideas I had. 

My photography is suffering as well.  I put some photobooks together yesterday for Christmas presents, as I usually do,  and the quality of the photos used were sub par. The amount of photos I had to choose from were limited. I have not been shooting and capturing the beautiful world and my grandchildren enough...the most photogenic creatures on Earth, as far as I am concerned lol.  I have not been practicing or dealing with my camera issues. It shows in the work I give as gifts. 

Hmm! I guess what I am saying , is that it is hard to "do" it all...to "be" it all.  For now the new little job undertaking is keeping my attention but I need to somehow add all avenues of my "beingness" to it, like my writing, yoga teaching  and photography. To find balance. I have finally reestablished the yoga teaching into my weekly schedule and am even beginning to teach meditation and mindfulness to people seeking my guidance. I want to extend what I offer to more by renting a hall for a community group once or twice a week, as well. I  will find a way to let all of it...this service I feel inclined to share...to flow from me. Hmm!  

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment