Sunday, December 4, 2022

The Great State Within

There is a great state of peace within you that cannot be disturbed by the world, your thoughts or even your emotions. [When we awaken a bit...]These objects can freely exist, but they will no longer dominate your life. You will be free to fully interact in your life, but you will do so out of a sense of love and service, rather than fear or desire. 

Michael Singer, living untethered, page 18. ( New Harbinger/ Sounds True, 2022) 

It feels like spring out there and the light...man, a photographer's playground. We usually do not see that type of light in December so the contrast against a half frozen earth  is captivating.  Should get my cameras out but really need to put a couple of the recent shoots I did into Christmas gifts, to spend my time processing rather than shooting. Which is almost as fun as shooting.  :) All art , right? And art as I told a couple of others a few days ago can never be bad or a waste of time.  It is an "awesome representation of truth." The truth we express and represent is our truth...how our bodies and minds perceive and understand the world around us and in us. Sure we can create a clearer and more easily understood expression with training and practice and effort and skill or natural talent...but there is no "bad art" or "I can't do art.".  There is just art, potentially from 7 billion different view points of the one truth. So I am not " especially gifted" by any means...and I do lack training and skill but I am willing, I guess to share my awesome representation of truth :) I do that with each DNG I develop. My canvas is the computer and lightroom , my paint is the world I see and my paint brush is my camera. Hmm!

Anyway, I digress. Those beautiful words above inspire me.  I am seeking to get beyond fear and desire so I can live through a state of love and service.  What about you?

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment