Thursday, February 11, 2021

Releasing Chains: Teaching Stress Reduction

 

They will be happy learners of the lesson this light brings to them, because it teaches them release from nothing and from all the works of nothing.The heavy chains that seem to bind them to despair they do not see as nothing, until you bring the light to them. And then they see the chains have disappeared so they must have been nothing. And you will see it with them.  Because you taught them gladness and release, they will become your teachers in release and gladness. 

ACIM-T-Chapter 14: II:4:5-9

So this is what I do when I am stressed and I had a lot of stress in my life in the last little bit...let me tell you! What I do is I try to learn from it or try to remember what I learned.  I forgive myself for slipping up...and I did slip up.  (I was reactive around others who had different views than I did.) Then I go back to the quiet...to the body, the breath, the moment. 

One wonderful tool I have in my tool box to help me get there is yoga.  So when I am learning or relearning...you know what I have to do, right?  I have to teach.  So I went down into my studio to do a stress reduction yoga sequence video yesterday to offer anyone who wanted it. I put it on my yoga page for students and I will put the first part of it here. 

Awe!  Learning is wonderful...but teaching...that is in even better.  (Even though I know you cannot have one without the other. :)) 



All is well in my world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment