Thursday, February 18, 2021

February Light

 

The February sunshine steeps your  boughs and tints the buds and swells the leaves within.

William Cullen Bryant






It is lovely out there.  I love the light in February especially over a world covered in the reflective white of snow.  Everything seems so bright...the sky seems so blue in contrast....the world so crisp and alive. February  offers many photo ops.  

I have not been shooting.  I did not lose interest in photograpaphy...just found myself having to reprioritize what I do.  It is challenging to shoot right now...I am having some issues with my favorite lens and with one of my camera's.  If I took a couple of hours(or maybe a day)  I could probably figure it out and fix it up or at least learn how to work around it,  but those hours seem so unavailable to me for some reason.  That  doesn't make sense because I am not as active in my doing as I used to be.  Some would probably question, "What does she do with her day, anyway?" 

My mornings, I allot to my spiritual/healing work. That is my priority...(figure I need that to get through everything else) Then I try to come here for an hour.  Following that, I have the busy work of caring for others...cleaning ( yuck!), cooking, driving, walking, talking, listening, helping in some way and I, of course,  have my yoga practice. I am so exhausted by the time I am done.  I rationalize by saying that I  have knitting and Netflix to do in my down time lol. 

It seems, compared to life before, I do so very little. I am not even doing the "other" writing I wanted to be able to do.  I am stuck on old stuff and though so many ideas come to me ...I just cannot seem to go there. It is like, "When? When do I write? When do I get my cameras fixed up so I can shoot again? " I tell myself, when Life settles down a bit, when everyone and everything is sorted out, when I am not so darned tired, I will shoot again.  I will write again. I cannot remember the last time I took  my camera down and shot despite the bugs? 

So though I have come a long way from my need for checking off items on "To-Do" lists...I still feel this gnawing in my gut when my mind takes me to the proverbial list and whispers, "You have soooo many things left to check off".  Sigh! 

Writing is important to me, shooting is important to me...but so are the people I love.  As a compartmentalizer I have learned how to deal with life situations.  I critically think through the things that come my way and say "Okay...that needs my attention now!  That can wait! I will go there...I will put that aside until after this is dealt with etc" It just seems like I have been constantly doing that lately because so many things have been coming my way. And photography is not in the "priority compartment". 

Anyway...it is all good.  It is as it is.  I can still enjoy that light even when I am not behind the glass.





Shot four February's  ago... sigh!



All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment