Thursday, November 12, 2020

The Good News of November

The Good News of November


November light, now soft and low,

casts shadows on my face.

I take a breath and  look about

this sacred wooded place. 

 I listen to the rustling leaves and 

this is what I hear:

"Close your eyes and go to sleep now

your death is coming near.

Allow the sweet intoxicating  tiredness

to pull you into sleep,

beyond all thought and worry

to the wise silence  of the deep .

Hush now child, stop your trembling,

push your fear aside.

Stop ressiting. There is no need now

to run, to numb, to hide.

Just feel the breath inside your chest 

as it gently starts to slow

and rest your head, your weary mind,

just let the thinking go.

Surrender to the dreams that call 

and then gently slip beyond

to the peaceful space that opens up

from darkness into dawn.

There the one eternal moment waits,

a timeless state of being,

for you to  unite with the  Source of everything

to begin your Life of seeing.

You must die before you die, my child,

but you can choose the way,

in this  deep sleep of unconsciousness

or in the light of day.

When you get beyond this world

that exists only in your mind, 

your eyes they will see clearly,

you will never again be blind. 

All the suffering  that you cling to 

like oak leaves on the tree

will fall off into nothingess

and you will finally be free."

©Dale-Lyn November, 2020


Again...these verbal explosions on the page  are not meant to be  judged, right?  I mean I cannot stop you from judging these poems or me for writing them  but I do believe they have little to do with our judgements...they just are.  If that makes any sense? 

Ego Seeking to be Redeemed

There was some ego involvement here possibly.  The pathological doer and the redeemer part of my ego came out after  frustrating day yesterday with creative pursuits.  The little children's story I wrote for my grandbaby...frustrated me to no end.  I thought, as I was editing, 'This should be done by now.  This should be better etc" So I faught with that for a good portion of yesterday and  it still isn't done or "good enough!" ...only because I allowed mind to get in the way. 

Then I went to my novel..and realized how much I have left to write and revamp on that and felt frustrated creatively.  I walked away from my computer and my writing yesterday...frustrated because I didn't get anything done....and when I don't get  a certian amount  'done', it will stay in my mind and weigh on me until I do.  I begin to feel like I will never get it done, that I am not meant to be writing, that it is a waste of time, that I am not good enough 'anyway'.  

It is so funny how that works and how quickly that type of mental reaction will take over.  "Creativity stunting"...I call it.  So though writing is not about "doing" anything but being open...when I am stunted in this way, I know ego is involved.  

It was nice to pop out a poem from beginning to end this morning because it represents a finished project...no matter how awful it might be lol.  That satisfies ego (even though I don't want to make this about ego)  and it satisfies my creativity...the door is open. 

This one came out after listening to this video for the 100th time:  

Eckhart Tolle (July 3, 2020) Transcending Limitations to Awaken. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEk7SDBkiHg

This is not about dying in the physical sense but dying to awaken. You get that right? 

All is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment