Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Teaching What Life Offers


Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them-that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow forward in whatever way they like.

Lao Tzu

Too personal?  Yeah I have been spilling out my guts here all over the page. Why?  I would be lying if I said there was absolutely no ego involved in this process.  Ego is definitely still around and it likes to vent and complain.  ( Can you tell that I have yet to finish the 21 day complaint free challenge I started months ago? ).  Ego is still intent on creating this 'little me' character that stars in this drama called "My Life".  Sometimes, the character is a strong heroine, other times a pitiful tragic victim...but at least she is the star of the show, right? Well ego would say that is all important and on this journey to waking up, ego will still show up here on this page.  Annoying!

There is, however, another much more compelling  reason why I write it all out here.  What I write about is the learning platform. All these circumstances, situations and people I encounter are teachers with lessons.  I can meditate until I am blue in the face. I can read every spiritual text out there.  I can cloister myself in some monastery somewhere but that is not the true practice, is it? Living in the real world is where most of the learning takes place.

And if I want to 'learn' to awaken, I must teach what I learn. If I teach what I learn, I learn more. The more I learn, the more I have to teach.  That is how this works.

So as the lessons come to this little clump of flesh I call "me" I write them here so I can examine them, learn from them and  then I can share that learning. Though it seems like  'seperate' process, that I am passing on learning from one clump to another...I am not, am I?  Because we really are not seperated by these body lines, are we? There really is nothing 'personal' about 'my' life, then, is there?  Though the circumstances and some of the finer details of it may 'appear' different  around this 'me'...there is only One Life...and we are all just expressions of it. There is only One Mind and we all have individual tapping in tools we call 'my mind'. So though the circumstances I encounter may appear different than yours on the surface...at the deeper level...the learning is the same. 

Though ego may still be hanging around, what brings me here every morning, even when 'little me'  protests, is something much deeper than my ego. I have little to no idea what I am going to write about each time I sit here.  I don't spend any time 'thinking' about it before my fingers begin to tap..it just comes out.  Sure ego likes the drama and mind will sometimes spin it into the writing but in the end ...it is Self that is doing it all, not 'little me'.  Hmmm!

I write to help relieve  suffering in some small way, not just for  this version of 'self' but for all who belong to Self which is all of us.  I am not saying I am getting anywhere lol...I am just saying that is what pulls me here as my motivating purpose. As personal as it may all seem, this goes beyond my personal choice.


All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment