Friday, November 13, 2020

Kindness

 Was a recipient of an unexpected act of kindness today.  A very kind and busy vet squeezed my little dog in for assessment of what I thought was a dental emergency.  She came into the house after her pee this morning scratching at her mouth, unable to eat and drink and when we looked at her teeth her gums looked inflamed. We thought there was some type of infection going on in her mouth, making her sick and thinking she might need an antibiotic we wanted her seen before the weekend.  Most vets were too busy ...but one made time to see her . 

On the way to the appointment she began to gag and we noticed she had a piece of stick stuck in her back teeth.  We removed it but went to the appointment anyway...I felt so bad for squeezing in on a busy day especially when we were able to resolve the problem en route.  But he was very kind.  Did the assessment and on the way out said, "no charge". I was so grateful and renewd in my love for humanity. 

One act of kindness should be paid forward. So I walked  out to the horses in the field with a bag of apples and gave them all a treat. 

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment