Thursday, April 16, 2020

Early Morning Secrets

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don't go back to sleep.
Rumi

I awoke again at 5 in the am to the glorious music of bird song.  I have missed it without truly realizing what I was missing; without being aware exactly of what was "not there" in my day to day experience over the winter months.  Then when the robins return with their lovely choirs...it is like "Wow!  How could I ever have failed to notice the emptiness of this not being in my experience?" 

We get so conditioned, so selectively deaf to the music of Life occurring all around us when we slip into habit mind again and again. We just get lost in doing and excessive thinking and do not notice the millions of expressions of Life occurring, changing, leaving all around us. How could we fail to appreciate in July what is so amazing in April?  How could we not notice it when it leaves us? I mean like come on....robin song?  How does it get more beautiful than that?

The sound of a world waking up in spring is just a taste of what we hear throughout the summer and Autumn months. Yet it never sounds so glorious as it does in spring.  Absence does make the heart grow fonder, I suppose.  Hmm!

Anyway...I woke up this morning, let the dogs out and stood in the doorway.  I found myself asking,  "Okay Rumi what secrets does this breeze of yours want to share with the likes of me?" I couldn't hear the answer over the beautiful bird song! I was almost disappointed until I realized the gift I was being given.

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment