Friday, April 24, 2020

Awareness Shining Clearly


Knowing or being aware is not inaccessible, unknown or buried within us.  It is shining clearly in the background of all experience.
Rupert Spira, Being Aware of Being Aware, Chapter 1,pg 15 Kindle Edition

A beautiful book landed on my lap ...with a little help from boredom and a desire to find something else to read.  I came across this book, Being Aware of Being Aware, by Rupert Spira. 

I have not heard of this individual author before .  I have not researched him, prior to reading this book.  So I don't know if he is an authentic teacher, or if he is a leader of a cult :).  I don't know if he is on a genuine mission to help others awaken or if he is   someone who uses his  teachings to  lead people to serve his own egoic needs. I don't know if he is beyond ego or someone who seeks to feed a hungry ego. I don't know and at this point, it doesn't matter.

As I have said many times...I do not invest in or endorse any messenger, just the message.  I will open my mind to and absorb a message if it resonates.  This resonated. The title pulled me in on my search and then when I seen how it was a free trial read I made the assumption  this individual must have thought the message was more important than his own  gratification??

So I started reading the book and finished it in a few hours. (Then I bought it!)  Not that I recommend others read it like I did.  It is written in such a way to be received slowly with lots of pauses between written text to allow for absorption of the teachings.

But it is also  written in such a way that one can visualize and understand what is being said without effort or strain, so it draws you in.  Very powerful! The message is powerful and life transforming if it resonates.

It really does offer the same message of hope all spiritual teachings offer...the ability to put an end to suffering and to find peace, happiness and true understanding by getting back to Source.  Yet it uses what the author refers to as "the direct route".  ACIM , more or less, uses this too,  explaining that all we need to do is recognize our illusions,  let them dissolve in a "Holy Instant"  and we will  find salvation. Very much the same premise in this book, building on the teachings of some of the ancient Hindu scriptures. It also explains that we come to greater understanding through the effortless  non-practice of meditation...it is not a seeking as much as a "falling into" the Deeper Self.

It is kind of serendipitous, don't you think, that a teaching about the Direct Route and non-practice  comes into my life on the same day I write about not needing to speed this process/practice  up and not needing more understanding than I am getting bit by bit?

 I am going to go through this book so I can absorb it more deeply.  Again...if anything I say resonates, please read the book yourself ...do not accept my interpretation of it without questioning and examining for yourself.

I will finish the lessons from ACIM too...maybe we will find some similarities.

All is well!

Rupert Spira (2017) Being Aware of Being Aware. Sahaja Publications: Oakland

No comments:

Post a Comment