Thursday, April 9, 2020

Come in Silence

Come In Silence

Come in silence to this place.
Remove your shoes and tiptoe
towards the sacred spot.
Sit yourself down
in the quiet of your heart.
Shush the misbehaving children
who giggle and scramble about,
knocking into walls
that contain all there is.
Settle them down beside you
so they listen
and get lost in the lullaby of breath.
Close your eyes.
Slip past the chattering voices
of repeated thoughts
to the empty space within.
Relax there
in the perfect stillness.
Do not speak...
just listen
in the silence,
to the perfect chorus of peace
that is being played
just for you.
Wait.
Just wait
and you will hear
the Voice
you were living to hear.

Dale-Lyn 2011

Going to plop this one down into my chap book as well being that this one is about waking up.  Poetry is easy for me ( not saying it is good or bad...just is) but when it came to choosing thirty pages of poetry I have been stressed to the core. I have hundreds of poems that I have written and to choose only so many is challenging.  First of all I do not feel that I can take responsibility for them or credit so how can I choose which ones to slap together in a book with my name on it? That's crazy, is it not? 

I don't care if they get published by a publisher...not focusing on outcome...but I do feel, because they  came through me they are not meant to be stuck on some "My Documents" page...they are meant to be read by someone other than me maybe.  (though I do believe I learn from them) .  So I feel compelled to do up chap books...I literally could do up at least five full chapbooks with different themes.  Two, at least, would be about waking up.

Ego was seldom in my writing of poetry and I want to keep it out...I do. I don't want to judge them.  Can't help if they get judged by others as long as my thinking about poetry doesn't change with any judgment I may receive.

So I am thinking poetry and that may reflect in these blogs.

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment