Friday, October 11, 2019

Resistance to Learning

As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery...We have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace.
-Dalai Lama

Have we all learned that?

No, last night reminds me that we haven't and there are some people who are actively resisting that truth.  Why?  They are reaching out for external means by which to numb and end suffering. What they choose as a means causes more suffering for themselves and others. When one asks them to choose differently, the resistance is so immense it knocks one down. It is resistance that keeps  them in misery

It is a vicious cycle , as an observer and bystander, I don't know how to break.  It isn't my job to break it anyway.  The creator of the cycle is the one who must break it but when they do not want to for whatever reason....their circling creates a vortex that pulls us all in. It is such a chaotic mess...and personally, even though this really isn't about "me", I am completely exhausted by it.

I am not exhausted by the illness, or even the behaviour that so often results from choices...I am exhausted by the resistance to getting better...the 101 reasons why this person has to do what they do and how any...any...other suggestion is not even worth trying because it just won't work or as often said,  "I don't want to do that."

Sigh! How does one help in that situation?

All will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment