Friday, June 22, 2018


Where ignorance is bliss, Tis folly to be wise.
-Thomas Gray (https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/ignorance_is_bliss)

So much to learn and I am loving it.  I am loving not being the one that is suppose to know lol so I can just fill my empty mind with so much wonderful things.  I am diving into my yoga course which involves a 50  essay question exam. So far the questions it is asking are mostly things I already studied and thought I knew about the meaning and  history of yoga, some of the ancient Hindu texts and the Sutras of Patanjali...all that I have recently studied ( how convenient , eh?).  Well I am approaching them like I don't know and researching and reading more about these things from the perspective of ignorance.  What a wonderful, wonderful perspective that is and I am learning so much. I have only nine questions done and I already have 25 pages written lol.  This set up for learning is absolutely perfect for me. I write to learn and I learn to write...so it is a perfect means for my educational experience. I am learning to approach yoga in a totally new and "giving" way.  Which is quite serendipitous as the lesson in ACIM I open up to today is, Today I learn to give as I receive. (ACIM, Lesson174:158).

I am also studying photography which is another wonderful thing.  I am not pushing ignorance there...I just am lol.  My photos of the graduation proved that.  I went in with a few crash lessons from the course on flash photography, my professional looking equipment and some residue of ego and wow! was I ever put in my place...lol  I was reminded that I  have a lot more learning to do...that excites me!  To know I have so much learning to do is wonderful.  I just want to have a blank slate to learn.  :)

These two little challenges were perfect for my transition from a financially sufficient nursing instructor, mother of a once dependent child, and into the unknown  silver /golden stage of my life ( menopause and awakening).  It is all good!  And I am almost feeling energetic enough to enthusiastically jump into the home renos to get this place ready to sell.  Well almost...I get tired even thinking about it.  Regardless, change is not necessarily a bad thing if you approach it from a perspective of ignorance...and being willing to learn.  : )

All is well in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment