Thursday, June 28, 2018

God's Handwriting

Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting. 
-Ralph Waldo Emerson (https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/beautiful)



f/8; 1/100; ISO-100; 56 mm

It is because of those words above that I feel drawn to photography.  I want to capture and translate God's handwriting. 
 
Of course, in this above photo I broke every rule there is about photography lol.  I shot a landscape in portrait frame; my horizon is in the top third of the frame rather than the bottom third; my ISO should have been higher because it was so cloudy out and I shot it going 90-100 Klicks an hour lol.  Still I see God's penmanship in this photo...so I like it.  (Ego wants me to point out that I even got some cool diagonal zigzagging lines taking the eyes across and up the frame and that should excuse the high horizon line. lol)
 
 
I may have done an okay job with the photography (have about 100 acceptable shots) but God's pen did a wonderful job putting cursive on the Island.  The landscape and its contrasting colours  is absolutely breathtaking.
 
Anyway, all is well.









No comments:

Post a Comment