Monday, June 4, 2018

"Flexible" Plans!

I got lost in story again yesterday,  didn't I?  Explaining what I am going to do and why lol.  Truth is I am making plans to do things differently.  It is all good.  Excited and enthused about the switch up, the new courses I am taking and doing a bit of "doing."  We all need to do a little bit don't we?  Flexible plans are okay.  The key word is flexible.

I tried another to do list this morning...checked off the walk which was absolutely lovely, the salutations to the sun (arm's giving me some challenges), the meditation, the green juice, the lesson in ACIM, and then I had "write for submission"  which meant that I would write in my novel, fix up a short story, or start another.  Pulled out the novel...opened it up, looked at it for a bit and knew in the pit of my gut that I didn't want to do that.  Then I pulled out a short story I intended to send out but realized it needed some serious editing and revision.  Opened that up, looked deep at the glaring sentences that I wanted to revise...changed a couple of words...and then I had the feeling again in the pit of my belly...no joy...so I closed that up lol.

The old me pops in and says, "Well you have it on the list...you gotta do it!  Where is your discipline?"  And I find myself just laughing... "Discipline?  What's that?"

The writing for submission is not getting done this morning.  Maybe later but right now I don't "feel it". You know?   It doesn't bring me joy.  (That might have something to do with the fact that I have "writing for submission" on my list instead of just "writing".)  I just want to write that which wants to be written, I guess. :) 

Today you begin to feel the joy of life. ACIM-W-157

It is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment