Sunday, June 3, 2018

Plans?

A good traveller has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
-Lao Tzu (Brainy Quote: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/plans)

Life is grand.  The music of it is amazing as I listen to what is going on outside my window...all "the sighs and murmurs" as Tagore referred to it.  So much life! 

It dawned on me that in my "beingness" that I can still "do" without having to, musting myself to death or shoulding myself in the foot...I can still plan a bit and do a bit while maintaining this  wonderful "I am" ness. I think it is important to stay up, at least to some extent, with the physical world.  Eckhart Tolle in a video entitled Universe helps if you allow things as they are states that "Walking through the limitation, not running away from it is equal to inner freedom."  I want inner freedom...so to walk through my perceived  limitations I need to stop escaping and  do something from this end.

Making Plans

I decided to do a few things to bring me back into doing....just a bit...at least so I do not become like Java the Hutt. I am already starting to resemble him a bit around the middle, and as someone who could never gain weight before I have gone beyond being a little excited with the novelty to being a little alarmed lol.  Not for aesthetic reasons but for health ones.  I have been going so far into the inner body, I have been ignoring the outer body...I am less and less concerned about its well being and it shows. It has taken pain, reprimands from dentists and doctors and the inability to fit into my clothes...that made me aware once again.  "Hey...I have to take care of this thing don't I if I want to continue with "I am" ing."  And I do want to continue to be.

Besides I have been in a rut!  The inner work is wonderful and the most important thing in my life now...but I still need to function out there in some form or another.  That part of me has been knee deep in mud for too long.  Time to get out of it.

So...I am making plans.  I am going to do several things to keep me motivated and inspired...committed to keeping the body  moving forward...not toward anything in particular...just moving forward. 
  • I am going to create a plan that makes room for getting my house ready to sell...so many hours a day on that.  That will remove some of this guilt and shame I have been feeling over letting things go. I am not sure how much I will be able to do but I will map out a plan that seems like it won't exhaust me and I will take it as it comes. :)
  • I am going to continue to do the spiritual work every morning: meditation, ACIM, and other reading or listening things. 
  • I will also add a short solitary walk to that every morning ( body willing) so I can spend mindful time in nature and get cardio. I miss that so much. 
  • I am going to do yoga ( arm willing) as I have been doing...physically I can get six sets of salutations in a day before symptoms...but I am going to continue to slowly and gradually add to that.
  • In fact, I am going to do a Yoga Instructor Training course on line...which I have been meaning to do full out before my body and finances decided to make it challenging for me. Taking it on line...allows me to gain the knowledge and know how in teaching yoga to others without the physicality or expense of it. I also believe it may have the ability to heal me to some degree from my "perceived limitations".  More than anything, it will give me a little purpose now that I am no longer a nursing instructor. I found a very cost effective and well recognized  one that will give me the necessary hours to become certified.  I may need to accept the fact that being registered may not be a reality for me considering that I am still clinging to this idea of physical limitation. (200 active contact hours are needed for registration). Get past that perceived limitation  and who knows what can happen.  :)  I am willing to adjust my less than sufficient finances so that I have money for this...only because I truly feel the benefits will out weigh the expenditure. Besides anything to do with Yoga will enhance my growth and take me closer to knowing Self. That is my major life goal right now.  I feel inspired and compelled to take this course!!!  I will.
  • Also found some wonderful little photography courses on Udemy ( $14.00 Canadian).  I feel compelled to learn in that area too. Who knows...I might make money doing this someday.  (Again...I am a little hesitant to turn this into "work" or to be "intent on arriving")
  • I am also going to  write ...a blog entry every other day (2-3 week)
  • For now,  I want to concentrate on my creative writing...so many words of my novel a day, maybe a short story every month.  Just need to build that skill and test the water for receptivity
  • I know I have other non fiction I started ...I guess I should start with organizing what needs to go out etc and ensure that everything is out there somewhere. 
  • I might...might...do up a chap book?.  I don't know though...because I am looking at everything I wrote here so far and I am already feeling exhausted lol.  I do not want my writing to feel like "work" ...especially the poetry.
  • Oh...oh ..getting ahead of myself
So I got a plan as I step away from the things I knew, including this rut lol. It is not a fixed plan and I have no real destination in mind. I know  life will step in and make its own plans known every now and again...I still have family and social obligations that I want to meet to some degree but man I don't want to over plan.  I like Lao Tzu's wisdom as quoted above.

A new chapter begins...a new chapter begins.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment