Saturday, March 24, 2018

So many Similarities



There are so many similarities in all the religious or spiritual doctrines and scriptures I am studying lately.  So many connecting points.  I am reading the Gita again, a beautiful translation with guided explanation from Eknath Easwaran (2007).  The whole notion of the changeless Self that too often lays beneath our conscious awareness as we focus on the ever-changing world of form is everywhere...different names, different terminology but the same idea.   I see the connection a lot between A Course in Miracles and The Gita on the topic of the need to break free of ego and its illusions.

 
The Gita (2: 71)


They are forever free who break away from the ego-cage of I, me and mine to be united with the Lord.
 
ACIM (opening introduction)
 
Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment