Thursday, March 1, 2018

Inspired to Create

Being inspired by something might be one of the most incredible feelings ever.
unknown (http://www.picturequotes.com/being-inspired-by-something-might-be-one-of-the-most-incredible-feelings-ever-quote-701992)

I have been a roller coaster of emotions the last few days after receiving the expected news that an assumption about me was still sticking.  I had to face the reality it probably would never change and I would have to accept the consequences of it. The sticky fly paper around me that seems to catch and cling to the emotional energy of others has also been renewed and revamped by my own projected negativity. (Negativity sucks in negativity:))  I walked away from some classroom and parenting experiences  with a mixture of desperation, anxiety, frustration, hope, and anger glued to me, completely exhausting me. I also felt somewhat disappointed in myself because, instead of responding in a loving and understanding way to these emotions, addressing the need to be heard in others, I reacted and became defensive instead. Sigh!  I have so much learning and growing left to do. lol

Point is: Something about this whole experience inspired me to write. I awoke at four am finding myself partaking in a quirky little habit I adopted since childhood to soothe myself in the midst of turmoil. (I won't share the habit because it is the basis of my story...when [and I won't say if...I will say when] it gets published I will tell you about it then. ). 

The story came to me in sentences and pictures.  I tried to tell myself that I would store the words in the back of my mind until morning but that wouldn't do.  The compulsion to get up and write it down was just too strong. So that is what I did at 4:20 am and it felt soooooooo good! I love those unexpected moments of inspiration to create.  I think it is magical and I am so in awe to simply be a part of the process.

So...I will be busy working on that short story over the next couple of days.  It may take me from here.  It is all good. I know it  will offer a wonderful distraction from circumstances, allowing me into a place where I can just be abundant and whole, authentic and real as I do what I am meant to do...that we are all meant to do in some form or another...create!

I will catch you on the flip side!

All is well

No comments:

Post a Comment