Saturday, March 17, 2018

Only One Problem

The problem of separation, which is really the only problem, has already been resolved. Yet the solution is not recognized because the problem is not recognized.
ACIM Lesson 79:1:4-5

Wow!  I am talking a lot about problems aren't I?  Well there is a reason for that. Well, actually a couple of reasons for that. 

Perceiving Problems

The first reason is that I am experiencing this perception of "problem" in my own life.  I am feeling somewhat distressed and dis-eased both physically and emotionally. My ego mind tells me to "solve it", "fix it" or at the very least push it aside.  Despite how much I grow away from ego, I can still hear it in the background of my life pulling at my ankles to bring me down. It tells me that I do not have the ability to solve it.  Things are not going to get better etc etc. I feel stuck in the muck...guilty and ashamed that I am here. Yuck!

The Fix

So what do I do when I feel this way? I half-listen to ego.  I call  out loud to myself and to whomever will listen be they furry or skinned, "I have a problem!"  I use the word "problem".  Then I mistake my problem for being something externally created and seek my solutions there. I  reach for something outside myself to help me resolve my issues. I ask ego:  "What do I need to do?"  I pick up books, I listen to wise teachers, I look for guidance and support outside myself.

Serendipity and Synchronicity

That brings me to the second reason, I am talking about problems.  Serendipity and synchronicity have both popped up out of the blue to guide me inward.  It seems that everything I pick up , or continue to study in the sequence it was intended...is talking about problems.  Every page I open up to is speaking to the idea of solution.  I have been studying the lessons from A Course  daily for the third time since late December.  As, on schedule, I open up to lesson 78,79...all about problems.  I found A Spiritual Solution for Every Problem by Wayne Dyer sitting on my dresser last week when I was looking for something to read before bed.  (I like to read inspirational words before I drift off) .  I don't even know how it got there but I picked it up and started reading it.  Found peace is every breath on my table yesterday and opened up to this quote, "Our happiness or lack of happiness  depends mostly on our state of mind, not on anything external."  Then I ran into YouTube Videos that spoke about our understanding of problems.  That is just to name a few of the things that were helping me with this dilemma of "perceived problem."

One Direction

The kooky thing is...they all pointed in the very same direction so there was no way I could deny where I was being told to go. Each and every thing that "showed up" both expectedly and unexpectedly pointed to the same direction to go for solutions: inward.  They showed me that the problems were not what I thought they were...they existed only in my thinking.  More importantly they were showing me that I was perceiving myself as separate from Something I can never truly be separated from. 

One Problem; One Solution

I looked inside and I realized that I was pinching God out so ego could be heard.   That and only that was the problem!!! So obviously the only solution was to stop pinching myself off...to disentangle myself from ego's hold and to step into the light where I belong. In that light, "problem" is not understood at all because it doesn't exist.

So obviously I felt compelled to do the videos yesterday...a reminder to me and to all others who might stumble upon these pages perceiving "problems" in their own lives, that there is only one problem and it is easily solved. There you have it!  (like it or not lol)

All is well in my world.

References/ Recommended Reads:

ACIM

Dyer, Wayne (2001) There is a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem. New York: Harper.

Thich Nhat Hanh (2011) peace is every breath. New York: Harper


No comments:

Post a Comment