Sunday, June 9, 2024

Not the thing but the think

 People think they have a problem but the problem is not the thing but the think!

The only place where a problem exists is in the personal mind. We know that, right? We think up and create our problems. 

I thought about my own evolution so far away from the doings of the personal mind. It has been a very imperfect, rough and bumpy journey so far.  I keep sliding back from one stage of mental evolution to the next...but...but I keep practicing. 

Each stage can be viewed in context to how the mind speaks to the heart.

Very Early Stage

 The very unevolved and self trampling mind during times of conditoned negative reactivity when things "out there" go wrong or things "in here" start coming up to the surface as they are inclined to do in order to release themselves: 

"Oh there you go again heart. Making a mess of things. What is wrong with you anyway? Why are you so bothered by getting what you deserve from life. Suck it up!! Man, no wonder these things keep happening to us. You are always in the way of me doing my job. There is something really wrong with you, you know?  I am trying to hide your defects from the world but you keep messing my efforst up.  Man, I am sick of you! Just let me be in charge!"

Beginning to Evolve Stage

The Unevolved but compassionate Mind during times of conditioned negative reactivity tendency, when things "out there" go wrong or things "in here" start coming to the surface as they are inclined to do in order to release themsleves: 

"Oh poor sister heart.  You are not feeling so well, are you? That nasty stuff is coming up again.  Let me see what I can do to fix it. I will do what I can to push it back down so you do not have to feel it.    I will also look out there for something that will make you feel better.  I will try changing this, getting that, avoiding this...and if that doesn't work we will try something else. We will keep trying to find a way to make you feel better. Don't worry I am here for you!"

Evolving Stage

The evolving mind during times of conditioned negative reactivity tendency, when things "out there" go wrong or things "in here" start coming to the surface like they are inclined to do in order to be released.:

" Oh my dear sister heart. It's happening again. How wonderful. I know it is painful but we can do this. It is a practice remember.  We do not have to do it perfectly.  We just have to try to stay open. We are blessed with another chance at practicing doing it right, of letting it all go.  I am so sorry for what I have done in the past to you, for the way I treated you, and for stuffing all that stuff on top of you but I was lost and confused in my wanting to help.  I know better now.  I know to stay out of the way when this stuff gets triggered and comes up. Let's breathe together, let's relax and chant, ' We are going to handle what ever happens today'.  We may not do it perfectly but we are standing together and using this moment to practice letting go. We got this!"

The Final Stage

The fully evolved mind during times of conditioned negative reactivity tendency, when things "out there" go wrong or things "in here" start coming to the surface like they are inclined to do in order to be released. : 

"Joy, joy, joy.  Bliss, bliss, bliss sister. Isn't this experience amazing?"

Consciousness in the background where it always was observing:

"Well this human finally did it. They allowed the mess they made to get cleaned up. They got out of their own way so Self as Life could shine through. They have transmuted suffering for that which all is: Joy, love, peace, and bliss. Alleluia for Our freedom. "

All is well. 

Michael A. Singer/ Temple of the Universe ( June 9, 2024) Personal Mind: The Root of the Problem. https://tou.org/talks/


No comments:

Post a Comment