Monday, February 19, 2024

A Spoke in a Wheel

Like Dante's Wings


Like Dante's wings.

moved not by his own will 

but by the same love 

that moves the sun 

and starry fires,

in the perfect revolution

of an invisible wheel,

...

I breathe,

I move,

I.

 as one spoke,

am. 

That is my purpose.

© Dale-Lyn (pen), February, 2024



Inspired by : 

But my own wings were not for such a flight, except that smiling through the mind of me, there came fulfillment in a flash of light. That my volition now , and my desires, were moved like wheel revolving evenly,  by love that moves the sun and starry fires.

Divine Comedy, Paradiso 33...Dante Alighieri ( one translation as recited by Alan Watts in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IGgGQZth08)

Note: Of course, Dante lived and wrote this in the early 1300's before Copernicus discovered that it was not the sun moving around the earth, but the earth moving around the sun.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment