Saturday, February 3, 2024

Being Pulled and A Sign

 Therefore when I considered this carefully, the contempt I had to fear because of the novelty and apparent absurdity of my view, nearly induced me to abandon utterly the work I had begun.

Nicolaus Copernicus

I copied this quote from one of yesterday's viewed articles, (according to my stats page...more than likely  bot skimmed not read). It was kind of significant. 

You see, I asked in meditation this morning...(I have been adding a practice of listening to my meditations, in hope of gaining better clarity as to how to best use the remaining time I have left on this planet) this question: "Am I making the most of my time or am I wasting it on things like the hours I spend in the morning listening to wise people speak and writing  on these topics  most people think are woo-woo? [These  novel and apparently absurd views?] 

I then did the woo-woo thing of asking for a sign.  It gets pretty frustrating at times to heed that inner calling everyday and to never know if you are doing what you are supposed to do. ...to see, possibly, that the only things you are reaching with your words  are web crawlers . One has to wonder if this overwhelmingly strong compulsion is misguided.  I need a sign every now and again that I am going in the right direction. So, I asked for one. 

Well, I  didn't get a phone call or text message with a thumbs up from above during the meditation lol. When I came out here and opened my page, however, viewing what was read by all the Singapore bots out there in the last 24 hours, this entry from March 16, 2017 was the first one that came up, encapsulating this quote. 

When the quote was originally shared here I was just switching the focus of this blog to "Waking up" and I was wondering if it was the right thing to do. I knew, like Copernicus did when he was trying to convince the scientific world in the 1500's that it was the earth that rotated around the sun, not vice versa,  how absurd I must be sounding to all those who read. At the same time I was convinced of the truth in this very scientific finding. ( Yoga is a science of examining objectively the human mind and human experience, of collecting data, and of testing the data findings in everyday life). 

The question arises when we face the prospect of contempt from others, "Should I abandon my work?" Well, centuries later people have come to see Copernicus's claim as truth, and though it has taken centuries, maybe the world will start to see the claims made by ancient yogi's as truth too. 

I got a clear sign this morning that I shouldn't abandon my work. Hmm! Probably couldn't if I wanted to.  I am pulled here every day by a force as strong as the magnetic  pull that keeps the earth rotating around the sun. Like the earth, I am nothing more than a speck of dust heeding the pull of something greater I have yet to fully understand.

Pretty cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment