Saturday, August 17, 2019

You are a student of yourself

The advice you have been giving your family and friends turns out to be for you to live, not us. You become the wise teacher as you become the student of yourself. It stops mattering if anyone else hears you because you're listening.  You are the wisdom you offer us, breathing and walking and effortlessly moving on, as you make your business deal, buy your groceries, or do the dishes.
Byron Katie from Loving what Is (2002), page 310.




Hmmm! How is that for profound? 

I so often wonder why I write here; why I come here every morning for a small unseen audience.  I wonder why I do what I do...why I teach or offer advice the way I do to readers that I will likely never know.  Who am I to teach anything when I have so very much to learn?

Then it dawns on me...that I don't do it for you necessarily...I do it for me.  I teach to learn and I learn to teach. I am not attached to the outcome of you learning something from me...of you hearing me. (No offense.)

I realize that I hear me.  I learn from me and my entries here.  Some part of me that is growing and evolving within my core is teaching "all" of me what I so need to know. If I live that than I become a teacher incidentally only.

Ego is not in charge here.(Obviously by some of the poetry I put up :)) This wise teacher within ....is.  Every time I write something, I am learning, growing, expanding from it...even if it doesn't make a lick of sense to someone else.

I have been "giving advice" by offering what I am learning to my loved ones as well.  Every time I shared I would become more in sync with what I was saying...even if these loved ones thought I was crazier than a bag of hammers.

I was surprised yesterday to see how after so much resistance to my shared observations and learning, that certain others said to me, "Oh my God!  I get it now...I know what you meant.  I see why you think like that.  It all makes so much sense to me." People learned from me only after I learned from me.

So that means you are your greatest teacher too!  Are you listening to you?

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment