Tuesday, August 20, 2019

How beautiful his sinlessness will be when you perceive it!
-ACIM-T-25: V: 5:4

My heart breaks a little bit when I see someone struggling with their own version of sinfulness. I also want to judge and condemn this person  for his "sin" because I personally feel violated and frustrated by his choices.   I know though that what my ego judges him to be in those moments I slip away from my realization of Self and essence identity, is nothing in comparison to how he judges himself ...even if he does not realize that yet because of all his  perceived brokenness.

Sigh!!! Our house got broken into while we were gone and some valuable items ( that did not belong to me) were stolen.  We knew immediately when we were told, which was while we were away, who the individual was. (Well we didn't know...strongly suspected with evidence to back up our suspicions...but who ever truly "knows" anything?  Innocent until proven guilty, right?)

I was so angry at first...I still get angry but the anger does not last long before compassion takes over.  I feel bad for him. Though there may be no socially sanctioned consequence for this action, the consequences of his  past actions and choices are about to slap him across the face. He is now like a frightened child waiting for his daddy to come home from work to punish him.  This daddy is the penal system and the daddy comes home today. He has run away to hide under the bed but he knows like we all know, Daddy will find him. There is no escaping the punishment this time.

It is just so sad to see people get so lost, to mentally stray  so far away from their own pure and perfect Self that they allow ego's need for immediate gratification to take them into some pretty dark places where others get hurt.  Yes there needs to be social sanctions, legal repercussions and consequences for hurting others...but do we as a social whole...have to judge him as a "sinner"? What do we get from doing that?

We get a sense of self righteousness, a bit of a reprieve as our own "sinfulness" gets diminished somewhat in comparison to his. We get an outlet for our own hate and anger (that we all have people as long as we are not truly Self realized).  And our sense of "me" becomes stronger, doesn't it, when we have a target for blame, and judgment?  In some weird way we like to be victims.  It adds to our "story" doesn't it?

Yet...we are no better , no worse than the individual about to be punished.  We are all capable of all he has done and more...as long as ego calls the shots.

I am going to try to put down my judgment here, to put away my need to add drama to my story, and I am going to try to look beyond the broken, festering ego this person wears and see what is truly  there.  We are not what our bodies do.  We are not what we think and feel.  We are not the choices we make.  We are so much more than that. He is so much more than that

Beneath the ego and the crazy monkey minds that can take us to many strange places is a perfect and pure essence.  If we could see it in all others, regardless of what they may do, would they not strive to be better ?  Would we not be better off to see sinlessness rather than sin?

I share this only because it brings a profound question to the healing mind.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment