Friday, August 16, 2019

Calm Abiding

Calm abiding is predominantly stabilizing meditation, in which the mind is kept on a single object...since the mind that is scattered to external objects is relatively powerless, the mind needs to be concentrated in order to be powerful.
-Dalai Lama


I'm back!!! I have so missed coming here everyday but I suppose the break did us all good.

Had a great trip! Met some beautiful people and seen many different things. 

And as we were driving along the many miles/kilometers  we drove along...I was able to bring my mind back again and again to the moment, to the scenery, to the feel of my body in the seat.  I really enjoyed the trip more because we could do that.

Though there was no one single object to settle on...there was so much to see in the beautiful landscape...I did find myself abiding calmly in the here and now of Life....in the moment  (Even when the traffic got real crazy!!!)  I could bring myself back out of thinking and into being in the moment.

Hoping that is getting easier for you to do as well.


It is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment