Saturday, July 27, 2019

A Balanced and Skillful Approach to Life



A balanced and skillful approach to life, taking care to avoid extremes, becomes a very important factor in conducting one's everyday existence.
-Dalai Lama

Hmm!  Do you believe Life is serendipitous...presenting things that appear to be mere coincidence again and again for a greater reason we may never understand? 

 My days have been so weird lately...I go from getting a lot done in a day to doing absolutely nothing.  My surroundings at one moment seem to be very well controlled and completely chaotic the next. There seems to be extreme peace some moments ...followed by extreme stress.  I seem to be completely oblivious to anything but the happiness in others one day followed by becoming acutely aware of how "everyone" around me  seems to be depressed, anxious, addicted the next. Circumstances seem to be very much in my favour one week...and then  I seem to be punished by the universe the next.  Up and down I go from one extreme to the other.  It feels weird. So...I was pondering what my role in all this was and what "extreme" changes I may need to make yesterday.

I didn't get a chance because of that  to read my calendar's quote for yesterday.  So I read it this morning and thought, "Well isn't that serendipity?"

You see yesterday I felt  so compelled to do eight more verses of the Tao. As I was reading through them  I got a little hung up on Verse 59...see for yourself.  I wasn't sure if I got it?  Then today I read the above quote and am awed by the fact that the Dalai Lama's words coincide with Lao Tzu's at the exact time I am pondering this very thing in my own life.

I truly do not know how to live this life now that I am awakening.  I thought I knew how to do it before...I thought I had it all planned and mapped out for me and my loved ones...and now I haven't a clue.  I do know Life is going to do the changing for me...I just have to learn to walk between these extremes both mentally and physically. I don't need to make changes...I just need to change the way I think about what I see and believe to be true.  I got this!!!

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment