Sunday, July 15, 2018

Knowing Self

To know and not to be[or feel] is not to truly know.
-Adyashanti

I Do Not Know

I want to confess, just in case I am coming off otherwise... I do not know Self fully and completely yet. (I used that 'yet' word to create hope lol).  I am no further ahead in my 'knowing' than anyone else. This blog is not about my expert ability to pass 'knowing' on to others either.  I have no expertise that will take us further on our silly little journeys to knowing this elusive It  with our minds.  I simply write as someone learning about the desire most of us have, regardless if we know it or not, to simply experience Who We Really Are fully.  I can't take you there.  I can't take me there lol.

'I' is not Who We Really Are

Because I am using words, metaphors, ideas and images to explain something that really cannot be explained; because I am using 'mind 'to describe something so far beyond mind... it gets confusing and I often confuse myself lol. 

The 'I' that doesn't know is of course this idea of me that mind created. If this 'I' knew I would feel that knowledge truly and fully not just  with my mind but my whole being and  I would be 'feeling Self' all the time. Right now as I write I would recognize that I can't  be anything but IT. If I was there...there would be no talk of journey or getting there or  not being there 'yet' or on a part time basis. I would simply Be from that state. There would be no need for thought.

Though I have felt It from time to time and 'I' know Self is in me...mind still gets in the way to either pull me back into the 'idea of knowing Self' so I don't stay there in the being and feeling of It.  Again I stress the 'I' to be the one my mind or ego created, that part of me that  doesn't stay there in the knowing Who I Really Am Space..  I am not always aware of being there.  But in all truth the I that Self recognizes as an extension of Itself in this physical form...doesn't go anywhere.  It is always is. I am always there, just not knowing it truly or fully yet.

Mind or Whole Being Knowing?

As long as mind is busy explaining, narrating, pointing, describing this place where Who I  Truly Am is I know nothing.  I am in my head not the heart knowing.  I like how Adyashanti describes the feeling of  truly knowing in his video Why mindfulness isn't enough.  When we finally get it when we finally know it is like finally getting a joke...we feel it all over, we giggle, we laugh and even when we say, "Oh! I get it." our whole body sings along. When we feel that knowing, we are there.

True knowing is different than mind knowing.  True knowing is feeling the truth, Being the truth.  There is no doubt.  Mind knowing is thinking the truth, using words, ideas, images to describe the truth,Man can only have a doubt when there is a possicility of doubt. (Mooji)

When we know Self truly there is no possibility of doubt.  Self doesn't doubt Itself, doesn't leave Itself, doesn't get pulled into mind.  Self always just is.  To Be is to Know.

Knowing Self with the mind is limited, and truly not what we want.  We want to know Self with our entire being...to be giddy with it because we finally "got it."

The mind cannot intimidate the pure Self, it can only intimidate the idea we have of our Self...that comes from the mind. (Mooji)

Mooji takes us there again and again with his invitation.  What is this Self he takes us to?  It is something that cannot be described or explained.  It has no form, no shape, no size, no color...it has "NOTHING" .  It is simply emptiness and space.  That is our true consciousness.  That is not just where we are, it is who we are.

There is no cloud inside a cloud;
There is no tree inside a tree;
There is no man inside a man.
There is only consciousness
and the Life force expressing.
 
-Mooji, On the Concept 'You must have a purpose'

References


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm8QYnQKqss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJZOyGOmuwE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment