Friday, January 26, 2024

Stop Personalizing...

 You are the one that is making it personal...

Michael A. Singer

Are you okay with what is?  Are you okay with what might or might not happen up ahead? Most of us are not okay with reality. We spend most of our lives creating and attempting to preserve this false little idea we have of who we are, assuming that the world out there should make us feel comfortable in here as we do that. The world cannot and should not live up to these huge expectations we place upon it.  We erroneously believe the world is here to serve  "me and my story"and when it doesn't we get upset. We think there is something wrong with the world.

Michael Singer reminds us that we will know that we have awakened when the world and all that is in it runs right through us. When we are not stopping it with our clinging or our resistance to what is and our foolish notion that the world is here to serve us, we will experience something amazing.  When we put away the personalization tendency and see, and accept the world as it is, we are awake. 

I was asked a question in the video exercise I have been doing related to this topic.  The main point I make in that video echoes what Singer shares in his podcast below..."Stop personalizing the Universe! It isn't here for "me".  

The "I" ,"I  am" beneath this notion of "me"....is simply here to experience everything about the small speck of universe it gets to experience.  Wow! How lucky we are to be able to do that.  We experience this Self when we stop focusing on this this little "me and my story!" and embrace the all of reality.



All is well. 


Michael Singer/ Temple of the Universe (January 25, 2024) During the Real Work for Spiritual Evolution. https://tou.org/talks/


No comments:

Post a Comment