Thursday, May 7, 2020

Where are you going?

Be where you are. Otherwise you will miss your life.
The Buddha (https://positivepsychology.com/mindfulness-quotes/)

Plagscan again...showing up on my site...not sure what that means. Have some poems out there ...maybe someone is verifying authorship ???  If that is the case, I can assure you they are mine....well...they came through this body and mind.  :)

A Reason For Concern?

Every time I see Plagscan, I get a little suspicious.  I remember how concerned others have warned me recently, about putting up so much here.  That some of it is actually good enough to get published and paid for (so they tell me). They fear omeone might copy it and call it their own.

I usually tell them in response to their concerns, first of all, that I cannot understand why anyone would want to take my material and call it their own...what they would get from doing that?  There are much more qualified writers and bloggers out there to "steal" from. (such a strong word).

I then tell them that the material is protected anyway, that anyone who tried "to take" this stuff  would be risking liability. Canadian copy right law protects what I have written as soon as it hits the page .  So  it's first copyright home is here. And because I want to have it together in hard copy ( I am a creature of hard copy reading :), I use the blog printing press here to create books with all I have written here...so in a sense it  is then  second righted. Though  I am trying to get beyond the "What "I" have written, what "I" have done"  crap because it stands in my way of understanding clearly that it isn't "little me" doing anything...I still know, as a writer, I have to protect material that has come from this body and mind.  I will and I have!

And then I tell the concerned individuals  that these very imperfect  words are here  on this blog because they came out here on this blog...this is where they are meant to be for whatever reason. This is their home. They can leave this blog and be published elsewhere under legitimate authorship after they make their debut here...I am okay with that...but they are meant to be here first. This isn't about making money and being known for me...I still write here under a pen for goodness sake.  For me it is all about the message and following this deep seated pull I have to put it down here.

I want to trust that pull!

A Little Bit Suspicious

Though I feel confident and safe, with a sense there is nothing of value to lose here...I do get suspicious sometimes when I get the warnings from others, the same time I see Plagscan on my site. My readership has also increased significantly  and I am wondering why.

My mind still has a slight tendency to become suspicious rather than trusting of my ability, this message, other intention for being here, and Life.  I still have more practice to master. 

A Learning

It is good that we can recognize our self when we are feeling that way though.  Whether it is a legitimate gut feeling that is warning us or just the  mind's crazy attempt to keep us  feeling uneasy(paranoia)...I don't know. Regardless...it is not a feeling any of us  want to hold on to for long, is it? I know where the feeling comes from with me...I can look deeply into it and learn  so I can get beyond it.

Maybe readers are actually benefitting from this blog in a legitimate way.  It is possible, isn't it?  Regardless...I am going to lean toward the trusting Life, trusting this calling I have to spill it all out here... rather than the suspicion.

So thank you readers!!!

A Great Little Story

Anyway...that is not what I want to write about. I read this little lesson, taught by Thich Nhat Hanh , and relayed in Mindfulness Yoga (page 61) that stuck:

A man was galloping  very quickly on his horse down a country road. The man's head was down, his jaw clenched and he was clinging tightly to the reins as the horse moved at great speed.  

To an observer, who was walking on the  side of the road, it appeared the  man was headed some place very important. 

As the rider passed, the observer shouted, "Where are you going?"

To which the man on the horse answered, "I don't know.  Ask the horse!"

I don't have to say anything else about that, do I?  :)

All is well in my world.

Frank Jude Boccio (2004) Mindfulness Yoga. Wisdom: Somerville

No comments:

Post a Comment