Monday, May 25, 2020

Rest ot Restless?

Rest is not a four letter word.
Br. Phap Hai

I have been feeling a number of things lately and labelling what I have been experiencing , as the mind likes to do. I have been feeling lazy as I walk over things that need to be picked up or tidied, as I close my eyes to the heavy house cleaning that needs to be done and my avoiding  the yard work. 

I have also been feeling restless and worried, especially when I look at my writing ventures.  I seem to be all over the place and I worry if anything were to happen to me in the little bit...would what  I was supposed to get out there be out there?

I know I am just focusing my attention unwisely and once again fault finding with the way things are right now and right here.

My body is tired.  My mind is tired.  I am directed towards rest.  This does not mean I am hindering my process(well at least not according to the Buddhists lol).  I am simply finding rest where I need it, putting aside the doing tendency for the being one. Hmmm!

As far as the writing restlessness. I just need to stop, recognize that I am feeling restless, allow it, embrace it and then I can look deeply into as to why I feel the way I do.  Finally,  I can find the insight inside me as to what to do about it. I have so many things written, so many things partially written and so many things that are crying to be written.  I don't know where to go with it all. 

Deep breath!  I will figure out what needs to be figured out only after I allow and embrace it for being exactly as it is now.

All good!

Plum Village ( May, 2020) Finding True Rest for Body and Mind/ dharma talk with Br. Phap Hai.
Can't find the link for some reason...will get back to you with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment