Friday, May 15, 2020

The Wings of Samatha and Vipasyana

Wings

Oh beautiful bird with expanded wing,
carry me away,
to the kingdom my Self longs for,
a place where I can stay.
I put away my running shoes,
my need to hide, to  grasp, to seek  
and close my eyes and wait for you
 to clasp me in your  beak.
Lift me up with gentle ease,
 and save me from my fear.
Take me to that special place
 that exists nowhere but here.

 Place me on  the graceful wing
where time is hushed and stilled
 and where mind and body stop to breathe
as nature surely wills.
Upon your feathery pinion,
I will stretch out in passive form
giving up my struggles and my fight
to resist each passing storm.
I will surrender graciously,
as we glide through spacious sky,
and I will notice how blue it is
while the grey clouds pass us by.

I will have faith in you my friend
to shelter and protect,
as I let go  into the sureness of your strength,
my view you will correct.
As you hold me on your wing,
and we skillfully swoop and glide,
I will know that where you're taking me
is nowhere but inside.
And as I breathe in each precious breath,
I will observe  each internal knot release
from    the twisted  pain of wounded cells
to settle into peace.

Then when there is no longer in me
a place for fear and grief to hide,
I will crawl so gratefully over you
to the wing on the other side.
There, I will lie and look about;
the wonders of the world, I will see
and understand so perfectly
the way it was and the way it's meant to be.
And without a noise of flapping wing,
you will gently set me down
in the home of Self where I never left
and where I always can be found.

Dale-Lyn  May 2020

Okay...this came out of me...somewhat painfully because it came out rhyming. ( A bit like a cat coughing up a fur ball...I suppose...has to come out but it isn't always pleasant to watch lol)  It ...whatever it is...good or bad, right or wrong...nice or crappy...it  is out.  My work here is done.

Where did t come from?  I listened to a dharma talk from Nhat Thich Hanh today on the "wings" of samatha (stopping)  and vipassana (looking deeply).  This is a result of that.

It is what it is.

All good

Plum Village (August 2018) Surrender Yourself to the Present Moment/Dharma Talk by Thich Nhat Hanh 2004-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N93IvR45D80

No comments:

Post a Comment