Friday, February 1, 2019

Respond

Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.
Lou Holtz (Brainy Quote)

Yeah it continues...and yeah I did something about it. I went for help so now I wait.  I figure my part is done lol...What is done next and the outcome of which is not up to me so I can relax into this.  Relax!  That is what I have to do...what we all have to do when it comes to Life, isn't it?  Relax into it.

My entries of late seem very narcissistic, I know.  They were all about me and my pain experience.  Though I would be lying if I said ego wasn't getting anything out of this sharing here lol...it really is about something bigger.  I see learning and therefore a teaching opportunity in it. (In fact...I see learning in absolutely everything these days.)  That's why I share.  Or at least that is what Redeemer ego tells me lol.

We all experience pain, illness, suffering in our lives , do we not? We have little control over what we are given, at least at the level we have come to see as our physical reality.  What we do have control over, though, is how we deal with it.  Do we react to life circumstances, including pain, with fear, resistance, struggle and a host of defense mechanisms that take us away from feeling and living the experience fully?  Or do we respond with openness, acceptance, curiosity, a willingness to learn and grow?

I am learning, albeit slowly and far from gracefully, to take the second option and I must say it is an easier one. I want to share that learning with you.

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment