Monday, February 4, 2019

The more time you spend thinking about yourself, the more suffering you will experience.
-Dalai Lama


Probably chose the wrong pic to represent my point lol.  D. is not a man who spends a lot of time thinking about himself nor is he a man who suffers a lot of mental unease.  But he is alone and it is seasonal...so that's my rationalization.

Anyway...I digress. I love what the Dalai Lama says here in this simple statement.  The more we think of the little me and all its tales of woe, the more we stay trapped in what the Buddhist refer to as the  discerning mind. Discerning minds are not quiet minds...they are noisy monkey minds that never settle.  They tell us that so many things that are happening to us, around us and in us are problems. So we constantly feel anxious, angry, frustrated or sad. So if he are constantly thinking about little me and its so called problems, we will suffer.

I like what Michael singer tells us, What you call a problem, someone else calls grace. Let's think about those who see grace in what we see as trouble.  "So many people need it more" , my father would often say as he gave away what he had.  By thinking of others we can rise above our selfish little egos and participate in this amazing dance called life. We can actually be happier.  

There is an end to suffering.  That end comes when we get beyond the limitations of 'little me'

All is well in my world.








No comments:

Post a Comment