Friday, February 15, 2019

A Reminder: It Is What It Is

We create most of our suffering, so it should be logical that we also have the ability to create more joy.  It simply depends on attitudes, the perspectives, and the reactions we bring to situations and to our relationships with other people.  When it comes to personal happiness, there is a lot we as individuals can do.
-Dalai Lama

We would all be better off we if we  dropped all the drama and learned to live by: It is what it is.

This mantra has seen me through some very challenging times this week and I witnessed the effects of these words on someone else who finally gets their significance.  They are so, so powerful taking us through almost any challenge. We can accomplish remarkable things when confronted with crisis. My body and mind knew that so it allowed me to stay up and deal with what had to be dealt with.

I won't go in to detail about a  traumatic crisis that I faced on Monday night...I will just say I literally had not slept more than an hour at a time since Monday midnight because of it. As a result I feel like crap!  My ticker does not like stress, cold or sleeplessness and I had all in quantity so that, of course, was acting up with brady and sats in the low 90s, chest pain etc...you know the drill by now.:) So I know I  really need to come down into that quiet place of sleep so my rate, blood pressure and sats can go up.  That is the way it is for me.

 I reached a point where I was finally able to sleep and in my own bed.  Yeah!!!!

Well so I thought...2 am I awoke with the pelvic pain again.  I had almost seven days without it or the bleeding and I was like...it's gone...it's gone....whatever it was... is gone. But no...I was  reminded last night when I needed sleep so desperately, it was still there.   It is so wicked...into my back, hips and legs.  I want to cry. Anyway...I caught myself looking up saying, "Are you f&*^%$# kidding me?  You won't give me one night of sleep after all that????"

Then my mind went to the crazy fact that I cannot get the help I need for myself or my children.  There was no call back for an emergency consult for me as I knew there wouldn't be.  And as I showed up in ER on Monday night with my loved one...I knew too that nothing dramatic would be done then either.  Our system is really, really broken and I just feel helpless in it. I will never get the help I assume I need from outside sources.

I reacted  with negativity, desperation,  resistance but only for a moment.  I brought myself back to that simple mantra...It is what it is and I changed my attitude, perspective and my reaction.  Without resistance, without drama, without blame,  without denial, repression or any of the others...it simply is what it is. And accepting that is the biggest step in healing.

All is well in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment