Tuesday, February 26, 2019

It's Not What You Are Doing...

The beauty of embracing deep truths is that you don't have to change your life; you just change how you live your life.  It's not what you're doing; it's how much of you is doing it.
-Michael Singer from the untethered soul (page 160)


A Reminder:

Take what I say with a grain of salt and question, question, question.

I am not an expert in any way shape or form.  I am not a spiritual master by any means nor do I wish to be.  I am a teacher only because we are all teachers and I have learned through my many years of school that teaching is the best way to learn something.  I so desperately want to learn.  :)

I also cannot stress enough that I am no further ahead on this journey than anyone else. I am far from enlightened.  I still have a big fat ego lol. For example: Though I am not actively promoting what I do here nor am I seeking to get compensated  for it...I do check my stats daily to see how many readers I get. I know if I get through to just one or two people that is all I need to do, so ego has no place in this.  Tell that to my ego however lol.  Sigh...Ego gets all inflated   when I see 40 + readers in one day like I did today and gets somewhat deflated  when I notice that I only have one or two.  I do, still very much react to external circumstances.  Maybe not as much as I used to but I still have some work to do there

So if  I am not a master and I simply do more learning than I do teaching, and  if even my ego is getting little to nothing from this, why on earth do I feel compelled to come here everyday? 

Why am I not out there living a bunch of exciting experiences...checking off all the things I have on my bucket list like rock climbing some great mountain, bunji jumping or sky diving.  Why am I not packing my bags and going off to explore  Africa and Australia...among other continents I have only read about?  Why am I not gearing myself to shoot for National Geographic or getting my writing out there at all costs?  Why am I not working for the Peace Corps or Habitat for Humanity?  Why do I not have a PhD in psychology by now? Why haven't I visited a Buddhist monastery in the Himalayans, had a stay in an Ashram in India or drank some Ayahausca with a Shaman on Machu Picchu?

If I am working towards transcending my fear restrictions for the freedom of enlightenment and therefore attempting to live fully, shouldn't I be 'doing' these types of things?

Ahh...but that is just it, isn't it?  It's not what you are doing; it's how much of you is doing it. I don't know why I do this other than feeling compelled for some reason to do it. I have really no idea what motivates me to keep coming here, to keep learning and to keep sharing.  It doesn't really matter what I am doing here, I guess.  I just know that when I am here...I am here 100 % .  All of me is here. Hmmm....that is a sign that I am embracing Life, isn't it?

Maybe you can do the same.

All is well.

Singer, Michael. (2007) the untethered soul. Oakland; New Harbinger

No comments:

Post a Comment