Friday, September 6, 2024

Learn and Let Go

Knowledge is when you learn someting new everyday.  Wisdom is when you let something  go everyday.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I want to apologize for sharing so much...then I want to apologize for apologizing. Like everything...or at least almost everything I do here...I feel compelled to share what I am observing and learning. I shared what I have been experiencing with you because it was there unfolding in front of me...and there I was, this very imperfect human, reacting to it all.  I felt compelled to share more than anything  the "and it is all wonderful " part. All this 'personal' drama...all these challenges...all this reactivity...is wonderful. It feels like absolute crap lol...but man I get to experience it!!  It is all just energy passing through and I get to watch this human experience it. I get to learn and grow because of it! Now...that is pretty cool.

For the part of me that overidentifies with this human experience...it isn't so cool.  It actually kind of sucks. This that identifies is twisting and turning in a coil of suffering. Yet, every time this part gets aggravated by this energy...the more it gets pulled away.  Our goal is to get rid of this part...this thing I created and called "me"....we speed that process along when we focus and allow the space between this part and the part that is watching get wider and wider. Hmm! 

Right now...I am looking at the space.  There is still utter chaos around me but because I am focusing on the space...I am not getting lost in the chaos.  I am outside of it watching it. I am not sure how long I will stay here...that stuff around me is pretty loud, demanding, and sticky.  It can pull one in pretty quickly ...filling in  the distance between object and subject in a blink of an eye if one is not mindful. So, I am doing my best to stay mindful...for everyone's sake. 

It is all good.  Heck, it is all wonderful.  I absolutely love learning and I am learning the most important things a student could ever learn.

All is well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment