Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Don't Take Any of It Too Seriously

 

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly.

C.K. Chesterton

Talking/writing to myself again. Big fat 0 on my stats page.  What happened, I wonder, that disconnected this blog from what it once had? And why am I okay with it? Just taking it as it comes I guess...maybe something will change in the near future or maybe I will be inspired to do something differently...I don't know. 

I am dreaming at night...those kooky dreams I get...and am possibly  being told things are going to change soon, somehow physicians are involved in this change ( in my dream anyway)?? Which is really bizarre.  Maybe my book is going to get published. I don't know but something is going to change for the better in unexpected ways and I think this dream is showing me that I am going to be paid for it...paid well possibly...which would be nice lol. Maybe it is telling me not to give up, not to lose faith which I have been doing. Any improvement in my financial situation would be a blessing.  Any change in so called "luck" would be appreciated, let me tell ya.  My father, jokingly,  used to call me "Calamity Jane" and said that instead of  being blessed with the luck of the Irish, (the luck  that is  believed to be held in the horse shoes nailed above doorways), it seems I am more likely to have those horseshoes  drop on my head.  I have a lot of bumps on my head, I guess,  and I have no idea where the luck went. It didn't pour on me. 

Of course, I am being silly.  I do not , like my Irish ancestors, put much faith in luck. I do put my faith in karma...and the cause and effect thing but luck has little to do with why I am where I am now.  But I do like to remember the silly teasing from my father. We were brought up not to take the challenges in life too seriously, to laugh when everyone else seemed to be crying. And we did.  We laughed in the most inappropriate settings. It was a great release and a great relief to play a little here and a little there within the so called "seriousness" of things, to play  instead of constantly struggling  to survive.

Alan Watts tells us we are not supposed to take it all so seriously. Staying alive is not a must or an obligation...it is an opportunity to dance. Imagine if we looked at life like that...as an opportunity to dance and play and laugh even when everyone else is crying.

Regardless of how sad and how serious things are in a given moment...we have to remember that, This too shall pass. Nothing lasts forever...not so called good times or so called bad times...nothing lasts forever. We don't last forever.  So let's look at every moment as if it were one precious note from the most beautiful musical composition...savour it, play with it, dance with it and enjoy it.  Don't take it too seriously.

All is well. 

Alan Watts/Mind Awakening ( n.d.) Achieve State the of Flow, Right Now! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOzaqmTbbbg

No comments:

Post a Comment