Thursday, December 13, 2018

Wise Thoughts about Life and Death from "the untethered soul"

The beauty of deep truths is that you don't have to change your life; you just change how you live your life. It's not what you are doing: it is how much of you is doing it.
 page 160

Life itself is your career, and your interaction with life is your most meaningful relationship
page 161

What actually gives life meaning is the willingness to live it.  It isn't any particular event; it's the willingness to experience life's events.
page 161

You are not living life;you are living mind
pge 161

You should be experiencing the life that is happening to you, not the one you wish was happening.
page 163

You really don't need more time before death; what you need is more depth of experience during the time you are given.
page 163


I am not afraid of dying anymore.  That is one of the reasons why I am so willing to put away my health seeking. As long as I was seeking I was clinging to life in fear of death.  Now I feel free to live my life...whatever time I have left.  Don't get me wrong...I don't want to die any time soon nor do I think I necessarily will...but I am not resisting death any longer.  Resisting death equates to resisting Life. I want to embrace life.  And as Michael Singer puts it...what a wonderful teacher death is.

All is well

You need to read:

Singer, Michael (2007)  Chapter 17: contemplating death. the untethered soul. New Harbinger.

No comments:

Post a Comment