Sunday, December 16, 2018

In the Here and Now

"In the here, in the now" is the address of Life.
-Thich Nhat Hanh, peace is every breath, pg 32

I am so grateful for Thich Nhat Hanh's presence on this earth and his simple teachings echoed by so many others as well. It is all so simple and "real".

Mindfulness is the key to experiencing Life and all its bounty.  The most precious priority for us should be our peace and joy.  Where do we find it?  In this moment and in this moment only. By simply concentrating on our breath or the steps we are taking and seeing it as a sign that we are alive...is something to be so very grateful for. 

Breathe

Breathe in, I feel my breath coming into my belly and chest.
Breathing out, I feel my breath flowing out of my belly and chest
Breathing in, I feel well.
Breathing out, I feel at ease.

Walk

I have arrived, I am home
in the here, in the now.
I am solid, I am free.
In the ultimate I dwell.

On one step say to self " I have arrived; I am home."  You are really where you want to be, the one place that will bring peace.  This moment is your home. On the next step say, "in the here, in the now."  Solid and free means that you are not being pulled back by ghosts from the past and you are not being dragged into the future. This, according to Hanh, is the foundation of real happiness. What is the ultimate (step four)? The moment, of course,.  This moment is teh ultimate everything.

Don't you just want to go home?  I know I do. All it takes to do so is a bit of mindfulness.

All is well in my world.

Thich Nhat Hanh ( 2011) peace is every breath. New York: Harper One

No comments:

Post a Comment