Saturday, December 8, 2018

Everything will be Okay

The truth is, everything will be okay as soon as you are okay with everything.  And that is the only time everything will be okay.
-Michael Singer untethered soul- page 95

Wow!  How can I speak to that piece of wisdom? In its perfect simplicity it tells us that peace is our own making.  It isn't about making everything "out there"  work perfectly in our favor.  It is simply about being okay with things no matter how they turn out. 

I learned the value of that wisdom Thursday. I was in a situation  where I was originally determined to do more than break even for some monetary losses incurred because of events that were beyond my control. During the hours I sat there,  I made a decision to put away my struggle to make a point for peace; to put away my anger and resentment for forgiveness; to put away my desire for a secure future for the psychological release of letting go of the past and to put away my wish  for more for just  enough to pay off my debts and to assist my children in the small ways I have not  been  able to assist them  for years.

I could have went further.  I know that...I mean I really know that. I could have caused a lot of trouble for the other side.  But something in me...told me to let go. Just let go.  It wasn't any longer about "winning" and proving how right I was nor was it about losing. It was just about peace. I wanted peace more than anything.

 Sure...I am no farther ahead in knowing how I will survive in the future but I will not owe and I will have helped my children in some small way...that is all that matters. 

Isn't this the direction I truly wanted to go in? Am I not learning about what is really important?  About the internal harm in grasping and clinging to things of form and the freedom that comes from letting go of our mental attachments to things?

I can't say I walked away feeling thrilled or excited as others seemed to want me to believe I should lol.  I walked away feeling nothing really...not excitement, not a tremendous amount of relief, not hope or a sense of security that I thought I would walk away with....but...but...I also did not  walk away with  grief, anger, resentment, loss, fear, or worry.  The thing is, I walked away psychologically unaffected by the outcome. That to me says it all...that to me shows how much I have grown and healed. 

My peace is not determined by what happens around me or to me.  Everything is okay as it is.  Why?  Because I am okay with everything.

How cool is that?

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment