Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Comfort Zone of Writing

Comfort Zone

Tapping, tapping, tapping...
I tap the keys
and push the words out
onto the page,
wrapping myself in their
protective comfort.
Tucking my head in
and away from
the  voices that make
their never ending requests of me,
I hide beneath the clacking rhythm
of their soothing mantra.
 
Here, I am invisible to all.
Demands and disappointments,
assumptions and accusations
that threaten to swallow me whole
exist in a place so far
beyond my safety zone.
I am safe.

Through a tiny hole I have
made in the fabric of my shield
I see
the piles of laundry
building in towers 
the dust collecting in clumps,
the unpaid bills
scattering in messy circles...
As They, with their sad eyes,
disapproving of my choices,
hold their empty plates, 
dropless cups and
appointment calendars
out for me to fill.
 I only scrunch down 
and away.
...tapping, tapping, tapping.

I hear echoes of the world 
 making its  noises...
throwing its cries of loss,
its screams of fear
and its aches of illness
at me
but I can't go.
Not yet.

I stay where I am and I wait
for something  out there
to find me...
for something
in here
amongst the tap, tap, tapping...
to rescue me.
I wait for some medicine
folded in the paragraphs
 of thought pasted to these white walls
to heal my body and mind.
I wait for some wise inspiration
hidden in the awkward words
to give me courage
and strength enough
to leave this comfort zone...
once and for all.
As I wait...
I keep tapping, tapping, tapping.

Dale-Lynn; November 2017

(As much as I am embarrassed and disappointed to make this warning...all my material is copyrighted and will be protected as such.  It is has been brought to my attention that some of my stuff ...for whatever reason...is possibly being taken from my site for someone else's personal gain ( What they would gain from it...I don't know...lol...but I just want to make sure that that is not the case.  :) I am prepared to complete the investigation and follow through with copyright infringement if necessary.  :( ...just sayin).

Writing should be shared as a gift.  I believe that.  I also believe in Karma :)

So why would I post anything new? Poetry to me is so personal, so subjective and not something one ever gains a lot of fame and fortune from lol. There is nothing good or bad about it...poetry just is.   I share this here only because it came out here...on this page...so I assume that is where it belongs.  :)

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment