Saturday, September 30, 2023

Should We Wash Away Karma?

 When you truly understand karma, then you realize you are responsible for everything in your life.

Keanu Reeves


I forgot to mention a vision I had while I was meditating this morning. I was seeking to see light emerging from a dot in this empty room of "me" and seeing that light expand and grow within me and out of me. I could visualize it. As I was doing so,  I could hear the crows outside my windows cawing to be fed ( they are very demanding in the morning and because they seem to  know where I am within my house at any given moment,  they tend to go to those windows when they want my attention...very smart birds!).  Anyway, I began to visualize them as big blotches of the same light I was seeing within myself. I heard cats outside...I did it with them.  I heard the dogs beside me breathing.  I did it with them.  It was pretty cool ...I was seeing light everywhere, inside and outside of me. 

I tried to keep my attention there on the light but  I lost it for a minute and fell into some worry I had about something.  It became a little thought stream. I caught myself in it.  I brought my attention back to the light but it seemed very difficult to make that light grow. Suddenly,  I seen what was like thick purplish black, thick slime growing over the top of this light room I was envisioning.  It crept down the sides and it seemed to dim whatever light I could envision. It was like it wanted to take over. It became harder and harder to get the light to grow and I started to wonder...Is this my karma, sticking to me, dimming the light? Should I try harder to get the light within to expand and grow so it burns off this stuff?  Should I wash this away?  Should I envision myself washing this away?  Or should I simply accept it and allow it to do whatever it is doing? Neither good or bad but what I am given. I didn't wipe it away in my vision.  I allowed it to be and tried harder to envision the light expanding within me in hope that it will eventually push through this dark heaviness, if it is meant to.  

Then later,  I come to the analogy of stuff sticking to a  mirror  in Sadhguru's book and the mention of Karma being like glue that makes us stick to our body mind mechanism. 

Sadhguru warns: If you washed away all your karma, you would exit your body this very instant! page 97

So I am glad I didn't wash away this gook in my vision and I will try my best not to wash away my karma in my waking Life...until it and I are ready to go. Karma is not a dark oppressive thing. It is a glue keeping me here so I can transcend the darkness for light.  Hmm!

All is well. 

Sadhguru ( 2021) Karma: A Yogi's Guide to Crafting Your Destiny. New York: Harmony Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment