Sunday, September 24, 2023

Sharing One Impersonal Mind

Raise yourself and the whole world will change.

Michael A. Singer

Okay...this sounds absolutely crazy, I know,  but I feel I have this bizarre connection with Michael Singer. It is like I am thinking or writing about the exact things he talks about after I think , speak about or write these exact things.  Cra Cra, I know. Most of you would say: 

"It is just coincidence , crazy lady!" 

Maybe, it is just coincidence...because in truth, I do not know much. It is getting to the point, however,  I can almost predict certain things he is going to say in his podcasts.  Today I was thinking about raising self with Self, from the Gita,  trying to figure out how I am going to transcend this stuff my personal mind tells me I am tangled up in. This little "self" was feeling overwhelmed and defeated, beat down, as it was so focused on meeting the needs of others it was feeling at the bottom of everyone's priority list including my own...it was being trampled down. I was being so hard on this little self, in my desire to be rid of it,  when it needed a bit of compassion etc. I knew that  though getting rid of self...personal mind... was important...I couldn't do it in a wholesome way by beating it down farther.   Self needed to be raised. I wrote this  down on a piece of paper beside me: "Raise Self" and even spoke to D. about it.  I said  to D. this morning  something to the effect. "Things around me seem to be overwhelming. Though I know it is all about getting beyond the  "self",  I know I can't keep denying the needs of self. I need to raise this Self above all this somehow so things change." I knew the so called "problems" were in my personal mind only.  Yes, Life is doing what it was doing and it seems like a lot but it isn't as personal as personal mind was making it. I also knew I was working off karma...the negative energy experience, I was accumulating with negative thinking. I also knew and spoke to D. about finding a way to peace... not by doing something out there that would make me feel better in here but by redirecting my focus to what is really important. Again I stressed in my mind , on paper, and to D. these exact words: "I have to raise myself above this for the benefit of all."

Then I sat down with my tea to listen ...knowing somehow that this is what would be spoken about.  I was convinced he was going to quote those lines from the Gita: raise self with Self.  Even when the podcast was at 50 minutes, with one minute left to spare,  somehow I knew he was going to say something about "raising self" and sure enough, he finished off with the above line. I looked at my paper that said "Raise Self" and it was like yeah...it really happened. 

You see, regardless if this was mere coincidence or not, there is a personal mind but beyond that there is an impersonal mind. The personal mind  is just an object that consciousness can focus on.  And the kooky thing is , though our personal minds differ greatly, we are all using the same impersonal mind so why wouldn't these thoughts be occurring at the same time from one so called  person to another.  Huh?  Well beyond the personal mind...beyond the separate "me" ideation...there is no separation is there? That seperate me is just a thing the mind made up. This big amazing light of consciousness is something we all share, something we all are. It only seems personal when I shine it on "me".  Take it off "me" focus and amazing things can happen. Hmm! Something to think about. 

All is well. 

Michael A. Singer/ Temple of the Universe. ( Sept 24, 2023) Consciousness and the Personal Mind. https://tou.org/talks/


No comments:

Post a Comment