Sunday, March 10, 2019

Suffering Exists

I really really get the first noble truth of Buddhism after today...suffering exists!

And I am not just talking about my petty little suffering.... But the suffering of all humans...today I witnessed the epitome of self induced suffering and it broke my heart and left me shaking to the core. How far we can fall, how hard we can land and how broken we can all become.  I realized how badly one lost human needed an intervention just to ensure he still breathed...and thought the whole world needs an intervention.

We can point fingers, judge and condemn a certain few for their choices, we can shut these people out of our hearts and minds so we do not see ourselves in that suffering, we can segregate and isolate and do all the harm reduction that is possible....but this will not change the fact that suffering exists in everyone.  What we need is compassion  and healing and kindness for all those that suffer. Definitely, not more judgment.  Suffering exists!!

All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment