Thursday, March 28, 2019

More on Grace

Grace is like the rain, it falls on everyone alike.
-Deepak Chopra





I am  taking part in the 21 day meditation series offered by Deepak Chopra and Oprah Winfrey.  I was especially moved by the message that grace flows  back to us when we are grateful.

I am not sure what "grace' is...it is just a word after all...a mental construct...an idea and I am not sure exactly where it comes from.  My traditional conditioning would tell me it comes from God and that it is conditional...only passed on to me when I am  worthy or when I do  something special.  I have to earn it somehow.  That means, I will spend most of my life without it. Sigh

The above quote, however, defines  it in a more appealing way  by saying it/ Grace  is instead like nature...non-discriminating,  pouring down on all of us...all beings...in the same cleansing and refreshing way.

Many of us believe that when Life doesn't go the way we think it should, when we are faced with one challenge after another that God ( this higher power we may or may not adhere to and that we may define in a myriad of ways) is out to get us. 

I often catch myself trapped in an old belief system...that I am being punished for something that makes me unworthy...maybe simply being? I know it is irrational but for years that belief somehow dominated my thinking therefore my feeling and therefore my believing.  I thought there was something 'personal' in it.

Now that I am more aware, I am  conscious of it and I have the power to disbelieve it, to let this old tired Self-destructive belief go.  I choose grace instead. I smile as I hold my face up to the rain.  I, as do all beings on this planet, deserve Grace's healing water.

According to Oprah Winfrey, Grace is the knowing that we are heard, known, understood and a part of something bigger and wonderful.  We reach elements of this knowing every time we are grateful for what is.  Grace responds to our gratitude, gently and sweetly like spring rain allowing us to grow.

Hmmm!  How beautiful is that?

All is well in my world.

References

Chopra Meditation Center.( n.d.) Day Four: Grace is Replying. Oprah Winfrey and Deepak Chopra: Manifesting Grace Through Gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment