Thursday, December 14, 2017

Opening the Gates


Health is a state of complete harmony of the mind, body and spirit. When one is free of physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.
-B.K.S. Iyengar

And how do we get free of mental distractions and physical disabilities?

We free ourselves when we realize that we are not our bodies or our minds, as taught in the Yoga Sutras.

Learning from chest pain

I broke up the wonderful little routine I had going on to come here this morning.  Was cutting down to  only 2-3 times a week...but waking up with chest pain curtailed my yoga and instead of meditating/reading I found myself with my tea...here.

I needed something from this place.  Company? It is funny...I don't like to talk to people about my physical symptoms...don't want to talk about illness at all really...but when I feel it, observe it, identify with it...I don't want to be alone either.  So I come here...just to sit for a while until the symptoms go away or I get myself up over the mental hump of anxiety and /or frustration they bring about.  Today it is more frustration because I have to go into work and I cannot go until this baby calms down.  :) sigh.....lol

It is all good. I can use this old mind of my mind to think my way up and through it.  It is so cool actually to get to this one point in a lifetime, in a growth process...where we truly see that we are not our body...just an observer of it.  I think we know we are growing when we can look at this situation and instead of saying..."I am sick; I am not well."...we  say, "My body is acting up...there is chest pain at this moment." Just playing with the pronouns and the descriptors changes the whole thought process in the mind, doesn't it?

"I" am not sick..my body is simply not performing at its best.  There is just a miscommunication between mind and body.   It is not me....not the True Self... that is malfunctioning because I am not my body or my mind. I am simply observing it.

How freeing that is to be able to say that, think that and believe that! That is true healing, is it not?

Shhh!  The gates have opened and the baby is finally falling to sleep.  I want to get going before it wakes up again.  :)

All is well in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment